Need help and don’t know who to call?
Dial 2-1-1 today and get the answers you’re looking for!
2-1-1 Texas, a program of the Texas Health and Human Services Commission, is committed to helping Texas citizens connect with the services they need. Whether by phone or internet, our goal is to present accurate, well-organized and easy-to-find information from over 60,000 state and local health and human services programs.
Information & Resources
COVID-19 Updates from the CDC
- COVID-19 FAQ for People Receiving SNAP, TANF or Medicaid
- 3.19 TX State Board of Pharmacy authorized pharmacists to dispense up to a 30-day supply of medication (other than a schedule II-controlled substance) for patients [CHIP & Medicaid] in the event a prescriber cannot be reached.
- Waiver of CHIP copays for office visits and for telehealth and telemedicine services through April.
- Coverage of COVID testing in Medicaid and CHIP + no prior authorization required for COVID-19 lab test by Medicaid & CHIP health plans or traditional Medicaid.
- Childcare Availability Portal
- The Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) continues to advise individuals misrepresenting themselves may capitalize on the uncertainty surrounding COVID-19 in an attempt to file fraudulent unemployment insurance claims. UI fraud creates waste and impacts the employer-supported fund TWC uses to pay unemployment benefits to the claimants who need them.
- If you receive paperwork from Texas Workforce Commission stating that you have filed for unemployment and you are still working or haven’t completed paperwork to file for unemployment there are two ways to contact Texas Workforce Commission Fraud Dept:
By Phone: 800-252-3642 UI Fraud Detection (available 24/7)
By Email: TWC.email@example.com
For more information visit Texas Workforce Commission website https://www.twc.texas.gov/
Find out more information on how employers can report fraud Employers Encouraged to Recognize and Report Fraud.
Mental Health Resources:
North Texas Behavioral Health Authority: COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line | (833) 251-7544
Texas Health and Human Services: COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line | (833) 986-1919
Drug & Alcohol Addiction Resources:
Addiction Rehab Services: https://www.addictions.com/rehabs/texas/gainesville/ | (866) 312-4647
County & City websites:
Cooke County - https://www.co.cooke.tx.us/
City of Gainesville - http://gainesville.tx.us/964/COVID-19
City of Muenster - https://www.cityofmuenstertx.com/
City of Lindsay - http://lindsay.texas.gov/
City of Valley View - https://www.cityofvv.com/
City of Callisburg - http://www.callisburgtx.com/
VISTO - http://www.vistohelps.com/
Living Word Ministries - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Living-Word-Ministries/481797425167119
Sacred Heart Outreach - https://shchurchmuenster.com/outreach
St. Martha’s Kitchen - https://www.facebook.com/St-Pauls-Episcopal-Church-in-Gainesville-Texas…
Meals for Students:
Gainesville ISD - https://www.gainesvilleisd.org
Student meals available for pick up at Edison and GJH, M-F 8am-1pm, please check the website for a more specific schedule
Callisburg ISD - https://www.cisdtx.net/
Free meals for students 18 years of age and younger that are enrolled in CISD may be picked up curbside on the east side of the elementary campus each Tuesday and Thursday, from 10:30 am until Noon
Era ISD - https://sites.google.com/eraisd.net/distancelearning/home
Era ISD is offering meals for students (both breakfast and lunch.) If your child qualifies for the free lunch program, meals are offered at no cost. If you would like to purchase meals at regular school lunch prices you are able to do that as well. Meals are distributed through pickups Monday and Thursdays from 10-11am. On these days, students will be served breakfast and lunch for consecutive days. On Mondays, students will receive meals for Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday
Lindsay ISD - https://www.lindsayisd.org/
We are providing meals to all LISD students who would like to participate. Meals are served in a “To Go” format. They are available from 11:00-12:00 each day that we are not in session due to closure. If a student needs a meal but it can’t be picked up during the allotted time or if the meal needs to be distributed to the student’s home, please let us know and we will get the meal to the student. Please contact your child’s campus principal if you would like to participate in the meal program.
Muenster ISD - https://www.muensterisd.net
Daily meal delivery to students.
Valley View ISD - https://www.vvisd.net/39919
Curbside lunch/breakfast pickup available 12-1pm, in the parking area on the north side of the gym.
Boys & Girls Club - https://www.facebook.com/BGCCookeCounty/
Partnering with VISTO for a Community Drive-Thru Pantry, Wednesdays 9am-1pm, or until supplies last.